Q: Voice chat isn't working.
Please visit our Voice Setup page and test your microphone and speakers by following these steps:
- Click "Begin Microphone Test" and select "Allow" when we ask permission to access your microphone.
- Start talking. If you see "Test Successful!" your microphone is connected to our servers.
- Click the "Play Audio" button to see if you can hear audio from our servers.
Next, please make sure your microphone's recording volume is turned all the way up by following these steps:
- Right-click the "Begin Microphone Test" button and select "Settings."
- Click the microphone tab at the bottom of the Adobe Flash Player Settings box.
- Drag the volume indicator all the way to the right.
If you follow these steps and still have trouble voice chatting, please give us a call at (800) 411-1970 o we can provide more in-depth technical support.
Back to top
Q: "Please close your current classroom window"? I don't have one open!
If you're having trouble starting a session with one of our tutors, please follow this checklist:
- Make sure you're using one of our supported web browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Google Chrome.
- Turn off your web browser's pop-up blocker. Our online classroom opens in a new browser window when you click "Get a Tutor," so a pop-up blocker could prevent it from launching correctly.
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Restart your computer.
Following these steps should allow you to open our online classroom and start working with a tutor, but if you're not sure how to clear your cache or need more in-depth assistance, please give us a call at (800) 411-1970.
Back to top
Q: I keep losing my connection to the online classroom.
Make sure you're not streaming video, downloading files, or playing games in another browser window, or on another computer that shares your internet connection. This can overburden your internet connection and interrupt your connection with our online classroom. You should also make sure that you're using one of our supported web browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.
If you're still not sure why you're being disconnected, please give us a call at (800) 411-1970 so we can provide technical support.
Back to top