Director of Sales, Federal Government / DoD / Military Markets
The world’s largest online tutoring and homework help service seeks an experienced sales professional to drive the expansion of our award-winning service throughout the military and federal government markets.
For more than 10 years, Tutor.com has been connecting students to expert tutors for live one-to-one help with algebra, biology, chemistry, physics, essay writing, calculus, earth science, statistics, and much more. We recently completed our eight millionth online tutoring session, thanks to our growing customer base, which includes more than 2,000 public libraries and schools nationwide, six states, major corporations, individual families who subscribe directly, and the United States Department of Defense, which funds the popular Tutor.com for Military Families program that supports every child whose parent serves in the U.S. Military.
We are looking to add an experienced federal/military sales professional to our team who will help us expand our existing program and sell our service to more of the military and federal community.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong track record of driving successful sales to military and federal agencies, including at least six (6) years of outstanding performance and a track record of exceeding quotas. The ideal candidate has substantial experience selling education services, technology services, and/or corporate benefit solutions.
- Network with our existing clients and our numerous supporters throughout the military community to identify the most likely sources of new business, including working several warm leads that need immediate attention.
- Work with our Client Services and Marketing teams to generate and follow up on a regular supply of new leads.
- Work closely with our military advisor to maximize the quality of your pipeline and close deals.
- Regularly attend and participate in public and private events to help spread the word about the Tutor.com for Military Families program. These events provide an excellent forum to meet decision-makers and influencers.
- Anticipate, prepare and deliver strategic sales presentations via webinars and in-person meetings, with the highest level of professionalism.
- Ensure company staff and management are informed of customer and prospect trends as well as product and service performance and needs.
- Learn about and understand our product and markets.
- Build valuable relationships with decision-makers within the military and federal government markets.
- This position is in our Old Town Alexandria, Virginia office, near the King Street Metro.
- Our company culture is relaxed, fun, and informal, but focused intensely on providing our customers with a consistently outstanding experience.
- This position requires less than 10% travel outside the D.C. area.
Candidate Minimum Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- Bachelors degree and 6 years of increasingly successful outside field sales experience, including a substantial track record of success in the military and/or federal markets.
- History of strong relationships within the military and/or federal markets, including being knowledgeable about funding streams/sources for educational services in military and/or federal markets.
- Proven ability to sell services (not just goods) through a highly consultative sales process.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales negotiation and deal-closing skills.
- Excellent relationship-building and management skills.
- Detailed knowledge of military/federal procurement rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Ability to work with our existing customers to identify and develop ancillary products and services that we may be uniquely situated to provide to them.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), CRMs (SalesForce.com), webinar software (GoToWebinar, WebEx, etc.).
- Military or federal affiliation is a plus but not required (such as military spouse or dependent, DoD civilian, former service member, DoDEA, former federal employee).
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check. (Security clearance not required.)
Compensation and Benefits Include
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience plus commission that will vary based on percentage of quota achieved/surpassed.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance; premiums shared by company.
- Paid personal time off (for vacation and sick days)
- Paid holidays, maternity, and paternity leave.
- Disability (short and long term) options.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Free online tutoring for you and your family.
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth, advancement, and leadership within an innovative and growing company.
To express interest for this position please email your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that includes at least five (5) years of detailed compensation history, as well as your current compensation requirements and expectations to JOBS-MFS@TUTOR.com. Please include JOBS-MFS in the subject line of your email, and note that emails that do not follow the instructions in this paragraph will not be considered and should not expect to receive a response.
Tutor.com is an equal opportunity employer that reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.