Director of Recruitment
Tutor.com is a great place for talented, creative people who have a passion for education, and like to get things done. We’re the world leader in live, online tutoring. Millions of students have benefited from Tutor.com’s personalized learning programs which are offered by direct consumer subscription and through partnerships with public and academic libraries, school districts, the United States military, and colleges.
Tutor.com is looking for a high energy, highly qualified, creative and experienced Director of Recruitment to design, develop and implement state-of-the- art recruitment and talent acquisition strategies and programs that will identify, attract, and retain the talent needed to staff Tutor.com online tutoring services. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated prior success recruiting a high volume range of individuals to work in education. The strategies and programs you implement should be sufficient to source thousands of candidates across a range of subjects, especially physics, chemistry, calculus, advanced statistics, finance, accounting and economics. You should be highly experienced using online tools, including SEO/SEM, have demonstrated creative recruitment and marketing techniques to source candidates, and should have previously developed relationships with institutions of higher education, retired professional groups and other sources of highly educated part-time workers. If this sounds like you and you’re interested in a fun and rewarding challenge, we’d like to hear from you.
- Develop both short and long term strategies, plan, manage, organize and implement all aspects of sourcing tutors to staff Tutor.com online tutoring and student support services.
- Create and maintain partnerships with various organizations to foster ongoing referrals of applicants and maintain strong pipelines.
- Oversee the development of effective recruiting collateral materials and website that will attract and engage candidates.
- Recruit a minimum of 2,000-5,000 tutors per year in all subjects with special attention to upper level math and science as well as business and allied health subjects within required timeframes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employment agencies, universities, and other sources to enhance recruitment efforts.
- Plan, build and maintain robust pipelines of potential candidates
- Manage, adhere to and report monthly on the recruitment budget.
- Analyze application processes for possible barriers for applicants and recommend changes to improve the ratio of applicants to tutors.
- Submit weekly reports on status of pipelines by key subjects.
- Develop reports and ongoing communication vehicles for key partners.
- Work with Provider Management team to develop projections for number of tutors and needed by subject and ensure that all onboarding goals are met.
- Produce monthly reports on effectiveness of all talent acquisition efforts.
Candidate Qualifications and Characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and strategically source qualified candidates in a high volume, fast-paced operation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically as well as execute operationally to ensure a highly responsive and cost effective recruitment/talent acquisition function.
- Demonstrated experience developing creative partnerships with recruitment sources, particularly within an educational environment.
- Must have exceptionally well-developed communication, interpersonal, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Must have strong management and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of best recruitment practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of search (SEM and SEO) and keyword strategies for recruitment purposes
- Proficient in development and implementation of an appropriate social media recruitment strategy using such tools as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and others as appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Self- starter with demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to multi-task in busy, fast-paced environment.
- Results-driven, collaborative, hands-on approach to getting things done.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7-10 years progressively responsible, high volume, talent acquisition experience.
- This position is located in New York.
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications
- 401(k) Plan with Company match
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Disability (short and long term) options
- Paid PTO time for holidays, personal days, sick days
- Free online tutoring for immediate family
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth, advancement, and leadership within an innovative and growing company
Please email a letter of interest and resume to Joan Rooney, VP, Instruction, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Recruitment Director” in the subject.