Provider Management Intern, New York, NY
Tutor.com is an award-winning online homework help and learning service that connects students to a certified tutor for one-to-one help. Tutor.com is offered at over 2,000 public libraries, universities and schools across the country as well as the Department of Defense. Our network of over 2,500 expert tutors has conducted over 6 million sessions.
Provider Management, the department which recruits, screens, qualifies and manages our tutor base, is seeking an Intern to assist with the day to day operations of tutor recruitment and application processing. The intern will have an opportunity to see firsthand what it takes to run an education-focused online business. We are a small staff that is responsible for overseeing thousands of tutors who provide quality educational services to millions of students worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will report to and work closely with the Director of Tutor Recruitment and our Tutor On-boarding Manager.
- Research new tutor recruitment opportunities and reach out to potential sources.
- Assist in marketing efforts and help strategize messaging to obtain the most qualified candidates.
- Assist in application processing, which will include some data entry, filing, emails, and phone calls to applicants.
- Participate in weekly meetings and assist with monitoring our live session queue to make sure that all students are getting matched to the next available tutor.
- Assist our tutor support, mentoring and quality assurance teams as needed.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited 4 year institution.
- An interest in education, marketing, technology or business.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and online.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers in a team-oriented environment.
- Pro-active, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Available from anywhere between 10-20 hours per week over the course of 6-9 months starting immediately.
- Located in the Tri-State Area.
Compensation: $10 an hour
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Avy Gonzalez, at email@example.com with Intern Position in the subject line.