Technical Support/Customer Service Representative
Tutor.com, the global leader in online real-time learning solutions, is looking for a self-motivated and hard-working Technical Support/Customer Service representative.
Job responsibilities include:
- Providing level 1 and level 2 technical support for our end users (B2B/institutional clients, tutors and students) via phone and email.
- Providing level 1 and level 2 customer service for our consumer customers, including handling of payments and credit requests.
- Identifying support issue trends and relaying them to our development staff when applicable.
- The ability to handle billing issues and on occasion, disputes.
Applicant must have:
- Experience working in a call center environment.
- Experience in handling billing issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to prioritize tasks and manage workloads with little supervision.
- Good technical understanding of Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OSX, Microsoft Office.
- Firm knowledge of all major web browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari), Microsoft Silverlight and .Net Runtime.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and basic networking (including wireless).
This is an entry to mid-level position that requires a basic technical background in Windows/Mac OSX operating systems and networking and reports directly to the VP of IT.
Tutor.com is a rapidly growing online company that provides tutoring services to students over the Internet. We have served over 8 million sessions to date and counting. Customers include individual students, libraries, and schools. We have a fantastic office atmosphere and are located in the heart of Midtown, just a couple of blocks away from Grand Central Station and minutes from Penn Station. Tutor.com is a equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, medical , dental and 401K benefits.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Spiro Balourdos, VP, Information Systems, at email@example.com with “Technical Support/Customer Service Representative” in the subject.