Tutor.com Product Intern (paid)
Location: New York City (18th St & 11th Ave)
Reports to: Product Manager, Institutional Programs
Tutor.com is looking for a highly motivated, eager and reliable Product Intern to assist the Product Management team. Working in the New York office across form Chelsea Piers (with the opportunity to work from home after initial training and in consultation with a manager), the intern will work closely with the team to maintain and expand Tutor.com’s collection of high-quality online educational resources.
Tutor.com is a great place for talented, ambitious, hands-on people who have a passion for education and a track record of getting things done. Founded in 1998, we are the world leader in live, online tutoring and homework help. Our award-winning service is used by more than 2,300 colleges and universities, libraries and public schools nationwide. In addition, our service is available to many U.S. military families through a contract with the U.S. Department of Defense. Our tutors have conducted over 10 million sessions to date.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Vetting existing educational resources for quality and accessibility
- Deactivating low-quality or inaccessible resources
- Conducting online searches for new, high-quality educational content
- Previous internship experience preferred; must be able to work in a corporate setting
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university or recent graduate; major in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or other relevant area of study preferred
- Ability to work 20 hours per week for at least six weeks
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tasks at once
- Experience with Microsoft Excel preferred
- Basic HTML experience helpful but not required
How to Apply
To express interest in this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Product Intern Application" in the subject line.
- Please attach resume in a Word or PDF document to the email
- Cover letter should be the text of your email and should tell us why you would like to work for Tutor.com as well as your hours of availability