The Academic Director will provide insights and ideas that will inspire our senior leadership, instructional and product teams. The ideal candidate understands the broad online learning landscape and is ready and willing to roll up his/her sleeves to evaluate content across a spectrum and/or manage others in doing so where the candidate lacks deep subject expertise.
The candidate should:
- Have a distinct POV on learning and teaching
- Have a strong POV on where online education is going and will provide leadership regarding adding services and tools to our existing services
- Has experience in either or both secondary math curriculum and test prep
- Should be knowledgeable about policy initiatives and how they may affect out-of-school learning.
- Improve the academic performance and learning confidence of students by being part of a team guiding the design of curricula, services, and assessments appropriate to each grade and subject or discipline area.
- Guide employees and any outside developers in alignment of academic standards to products and services developed.
- Hire, supervise, develop, and/or vet any subject matter experts hired to develop or review content or assessments.
- Be part of the team to strategize target markets by age, discipline, and academic need and determine the appropriate delivery modality to meet those needs.
- Keep the team current on pertinent educational topics by actively fostering a learning organization.
Experience and Skills
- 5-10 years developing and/or sourcing educational content
- Ability to evaluate educational programs and products; strong research skills including comfort with highly statistical efficacy studies
- Proven leadership in strategic planning for education technology companies
- Experience expanding online and blended programs
- Manage instructional teams
- Has authored educational whitepapers and/or books about education or online learning is a plus
- BA required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Classroom teaching experience preferred but not required
Please send your resumes to HRFORMS@tutor.com.